Life on the Road: Top 10 Practical Tips for Business Travellers
Love it or hate it, life on the road can be a necessary part of doing business. Here are our top ten practical tips for making business travel as stress-free and pleasant as possible.
- Keep ailments at bay with a bottle of hand sanitizer. As well as cleaning your hands, give your tray a wipe on the train or plane before eating.
- Your health is your wealth, so eat smart. Prioritise protein over carbs to stay fuller for longer, and carry a refillable water bottle. Pack your own snacks from a supermarket to avoid steep prices at kiosks and convenience stores.
- Game, Set, Massage! Soothe tight muscles and aching joints by massaging them with a tennis ball. Strange as it might sound, you’ll thank us later!
- Recharge your batteries. Make sure that all your electronic devices are charged the night before to avoid the 1% scramble to a plug socket.
- Eat like a local. Before you arrive at your accommodation, request a selection of delivery menus for when you check-in.
- Grow your network. Use your next business trip as an opportunity to meet people from social media and potential leads in new locations. Face-to-face meetings remain the most productive form of communication in business.
- Cultivate a habit of caution. Be prepared for mishaps and accidents by packing a mini first-aid kit.
- Go off track. Take a break from business and dabble in some sightseeing. Find out which attractions or events are nearby before you leave, and make the most of your time in a new city.
- Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. Organise your documents several days in advance, and scan and send a copy of them to your email address. Simply print them off at your accommodation or an internet café should you misplace them during your trip.
- Smile and the world smiles with you. Simple as it sounds, a smile can go a long way. Make it your mission to bring a moment of happiness to someone’s dreary commute.